Jake Fromm threw three touchdown passes, and D'Andre Swift rushed for 100 yards in a game for the first time in his career, as the Georgia Bulldogs took advantage of three Florida Gators turnovers, including a pair from Feleipe Franks, to end the Gators five-game winning streak with a 36-17 decision Saturday at TIAA Bank Field.
Florida put themselves in a hole early, as each of their first two possessions ended in turnovers. Jordan Scarlett's fumbled led to Georgia jumping out to a 10-0 advantage with a Jake Fromm touchdown pass to Jeremiah Holloman.
The Gators would head to halftime down 13-7 thanks to a Franks rushing touchdown, and would take the lead in the third when the Gators quarterback found Freddie Swain from 33 yards out to give Florida their only lead of the afternoon.
But Fromm led the Bulldogs down to take the lead for good, again finding Holloman in the left corner of the end zone and giving Georgia the lead for good.
The Gators defense did their best to stay in the game, including after Franks fumbled the football at his own 1 yard line, stopping Georgia on six plays from reaching the end zone and settling on a 18 yard field goal from Rodrigo Blankenship.
Evan McPherson's 42 yard field goal cut the deficit back to a single score, but a pair of late touchdowns by Georgia, including a 33 yard score by Swift that put him over the 100 yard plateau for the first time that put the game out of reach.
The Gators (6-2, 4-2 SEC) welcome Missouri to Gainesville next Saturday.
- UF 0 UGA 3: Rodrigo Blankenship 21 yard FG
- UF 0 UGA 10: Jake Fromm 16 yard TD pass to Jeremiah Holloman (Blakenship kick)
- UF 7 UGA 10: Feleipe Franks 1 yard TD run (McPherson kick)
- UF 7 UGA 13: Rodrigo Blankenship 22 yard FG
- UF 14 UGA 13: Feleipe Franks 36 yard TD pass to Freddie Swain (McPherson kick)
- UF 14 UGA 20: Jake Fromm 12 yard TD pass to Jermaine Holloman (Blankenship kick)
- UF 14 UGA 23: Rodrigo Blankenship 18 yard FG
- UF 17 UGA 23: Evan McPherson 42 yard FG
- UF 17 UGA 29: Jake Fromm 24 yard TD pass to Terry Godwin (two-point conversion failed)
- UF 17 UGA 36: D'Andre Swift 33 yard TD run (Blankenship kick)