Colin Cowherd Ranks the Nine ‘2-0’ NFL Teams on the Confidence He Has With Each Team Going Forward (Full Analysis in Video at Bottom of Page):
9. Bills: “This is an extraordinarily well-coached team, but let’s not go crazy on Josh Allen. He has as many interceptions as touchdowns and I see limitations in the passing game with him. You've got to pass now to win big games.
8. 49ers: I think they’re re-building and are still a year away. They’ve beaten Tampa and Cincinnati so far. Tampa didn’t have a Pro Bowler on defense last year, and Cincy had the league’s historically worst defense.”
7. Ravens: “Lamar Jackson has only started nine games and hasn’t faced a team twice besides the Chargers, who ate him alive in the playoffs. I’ve got to see more.”
6. Seahawks: “They’ve won two games by a combined three points and having beaten Andy Dalton and Mason Rudolph. Right now their pass defense is ranked 26th and Dalton tore them up.”
5. Cowboys: “I like them but they’ve gotten a huge scheduling break. They’ve faced the Giants and Redskins in their first two games, and face the Dolphins, Jets, and Saints in three of their next four.”
4. Packers: Their defense is the key. They’ve massively upgraded at corner, and they stole Preston Smith in free agency.”
3. Rams: “I have offensive line concerns because they’re not real deep. They don’t have a ton of depth and Todd Gurley is only about 60% of what he used to be.”
2. Chiefs: “This division is uneven. Oakland is dysfunctional, Denver’s offensive is anemic, and the Chargers are missing maybe their best offensive player (Melvin Gordon) and best defensive player (Derwin James).
1. Patriots: “they’ve got two injuries on their offensive line at center and left tackle, but injuries did not derail the Patriots, Rams, Chiefs, or Eagles last year… Injuries do not derail great teams, and the AFC East is awful.”